New Page 2
New Page 2
About the dti
| the dti functional career opportunities
| Apply for positions
| Just a few tips for you!
Just a few tips for you!
Your online CV is as important as a manually/standard CV, it is important that one knows that the CV is the first contact you will have with us. So...
- Make sure it is updated and tailored to the job advert;
- Provide as much details as possible (keep it relevant to the advertised post);
- Ensure that all sections have been completed and are accurate;
- Provide contact details, more than one number;
- Do a spell check and ensure, your ID number has been entered correctly;
- Provide all relevant qualifications; and
- Notify your references before including them in your CV and update their details if they change.
Areas you should not miss:
- Personal details, including name, address, phone number (alternative number) and e-mail address;
- Education and qualifications;
- Career history should start with your current or most recent job first, start date month and year as well as the last month and year;
- Customise your experience and skills towards the job specification in the advert (be honest) by listing competencies that relate to the duties and requirements; and
- References, ideally three (friends and family do not count as references).